Eyes are the best gift of our life and play a major role in our life. Our eyes works as the most sophisticated electronic automatic camera. The pupils of the eyes open for the adjustment of focus; accordingly the muscles of eyes contract or expend to allow the entry of proper light inside. Colours are identified and a proper picture develops in our mind. All the process is automatic. Now due to different reasons if the functioning of eyes is disturbed there can be temporary or permanent damage to the eyes.
If proper care is not taken for the eyes diseases which appear mild or the wrong treatment is given, there is possibility of losing the eyesight.
Astrological factors influencing eyesight:
2nd/12th house: the 2nd and 12th signs of the zodiac rule over the right and left eye respectively.
Sun/Moon: Sun governs the right eye and the Moon governs the left eye.
Venus/Jupiter: Venus governs the second sign Taurus and Jupiter governs the 12th sign Pisces. Therefore if Jupiter and Venus are placed in 6th/8th/12th house along with the lord of ascendant may cause eye problems.
Mercury: governs the sight and optic nerves.
Astro analysing different eye diseases:
- Damage of optic nerves by agencies outside the eyes like syphilitic infection, increased intracranial pressure arising from the brain tumour, drug or chemical allergies, degeneration of optic nerves may cause optic atrophy.
- Affliction of Sun and Moon on 2nd and 12th house and Mercury in heavy affliction in the chart may cause optic atrophy to the native.
- This is a serious eye disease caused by increase or sudden pressure exerted by eye fluid against other parts. If this pressure is not relieved it will make the eye ball hard, damage retina and optic nerves and may also cause blindness.
- Sun and Moon afflicted in 2nd/12th house by Saturn/Rahu the native may suffer from glaucoma.
- The eyes can focus on near objects but vision at distance is blurred. It is also known as nearsightedness.
- Afflicted Sun and Moon can give problem of Myopia.
- The patient becomes unable to distinguish between red and green colour.
- The Venus is in heavy affliction especially by Saturn and sign Taurus is also in heavy affliction may cause colour blindness to the native.
- Due to clouding or crystalline of lenses of eye or its capsule the victim cannot see normal objects properly due to lost opacity of eye lenses.
- Venus / Jupiter placed in 6th/8th/12th house in association of lord of ascendant and Sun and Moon are afflicted in 2nd/12th house.
- Afflicted Mercury posited in 2nd/12th house may produce Cataract problem.
Squinted eyes/Boss eyed:
- In this condition the eyes are not properly aligned to each other.
- Native born in day time and Moon and Mars combined in 8th house indicated crossed eyes.
- Moon/ Mars posited in ascendant and aspected by Jupiter/Venus indicates squinted eyes.
- Mars placed in 7th house aspecting Moon being posited in Leo sign and lord of 9th placed in Aries/Leo/Scorpio/Capricorn squinted eyes is indicated.
- Mars placed in 7th, aspecting Sun being placed in Cancer sign and Lord of 9th placed in Aries/Leo/Scorpio/Capricorn indicate a boss eyed native.
- Moon and Sun placed in 2nd/12th house indicate definite crossed eyes disorder.
- Sun and Moon combined with retro planets in 6th/12th house indicates squinted eye.
Problem in only one eye:
- Any malefic placed in 6th house gives weakness to left eye and any malefic placed in 8th house gives right eye trouble.
- Moon placed in 2nd and Sun placed in 12th house respectively gives problems of left and right eyes.
- Mars placed in 12th house gives left eye problem whether as Saturn posited in 12th house gives right eye problem.
- Sun placed in ascendant/7th house and aspected by Saturn the native will gradually lose the vision of right eye.
- Sun combined with Rahu/Mars in ascendant/7th house aspected by Saturn indicate disease of left eye.
- Moon Posited in Leo ascendant and aspected by Saturn and Mars the native will have diseased left eye.
- Sun and Saturn combined in 9th house and without having any benefice influences indicate the native will have left crossed eye and Sun placed in Leo ascendant and aspected by Saturn and Mars indicates squinted right eye.
- Sun/Moon placed 12 and 6th house indicated left eye problem.
- Sun/Moon placed in 2nd and 8th house indicates squinted right eye.
- Due to infection, accident or degenerative eye diseases the native may lose total vision temporary or permanently.
- Sun and Moon afflicted by Saturn in 2nd/12th house and affliction to signs Taurus and Pisces may give blindness.
- 2nd house is aspected by Saturn and Moon and 12th house have conjunction of Saturn and aspects of Mars the native will be completely blind.
- Sun and Moon and 2nd and 12th houses become subject to the aspects /association of Mars and Saturn the native may lose his eye sight.
- Mars, Moon, Saturn and Sun should respectively occupy the 2nd, 6th, 12th and 8th house. The native will be stone blind.
- Lords of ascendant, 2nd, 5th, 7th and 9th placed together in 6th/8th/12th house may give stone blindness to the native.
- In Leo ascendant Sun and Moon combined in ascendant and aspected by Saturn and Mars indicates the native will be stone blind from birth but if the combination is aspected either by Saturn or by Mars than the native will become blind after birth.
- Sun and Rahu combined in ascendant and Saturn and Mars disposed in trine may cause blindness.
- Sun and lord of ascendant combined in 2nd/6th/8th/12th house the native will be blind from the birth.
- Mars in 2nd and Sun in 8th house may give blindness.
- Moon in 6th and Saturn in 12th house may also impair eye sight.
- Saturn, Mars and Moon placed in 6th/8th/12th house indicates blindness.
- Mars is the lord of 2nd, Sun and Moon placed in 8th house and Saturn situated in 6th/8th/12th house blindness is indicated.
- Lords of 2nd and 12th combined with Venus and lord of ascendant in 6th/8th/12th house indicates lost eye sight.
- Moon posited in 6th/8th/12th house and Saturn and Mars combined in any house shows lost eyesight.
- From ascendant Moon placed in 6th, Sun placed in 8th, Mars placed in 2nd and Saturn placed in 12th house indicates the surety of losing eyesight for the native.
- Involuntary eye muscles contraction causes eyelid to flicker.
- Any malefic planet placed in 2nd house is also influenced by any benefice planet indicates flickering of eye.
- Moon/Sun placed in Leo ascendant and aspected by malefic and benefice planets indicates eye flickering.
- The native is unable to see in night or in dim light.
- Lord of 2nd combined with Venus and Moon in ascendant may cause night blindness.
- Venus and Mars combined in 7th house and aspected by malefic may cause night blindness.
General eye problems:
- Venus posited in ascendant/8th house and aspected by malefic planet indicates constant tears will roll from the eyes.
- Lord of 2nd is associated or aspected by Sun and Mars indicates redness of eyes.
- Rahu placed in 5th house aspected by Sun indicates eye problems.
- Saturn posited in 4th house aspected by malefic indicates eye problems.
- Mars and Rahu combined in ascendant indicate eye problems.
- Debilitated Moon posited in 6th/12 house and aspected by malefic
- Moon is places 2nd to Sun in horoscope and combined with malefic.
- Moon placed in 10th aspected by malefic without having any benefice aspects may cause eye problems.
- Malefic planets placed in 4th and 5th house and Moon posited in 6th/8th/12th house indicate eye trouble.
- Sun is in opposition either to ascendant or to Mars gives impaired eyesight.
- Sun and Moon combined in Cancer/Leo and aspected by Mars and Saturn indicate weak eyes.
- Mon and Sun combined in 9th house indicates eye disorder.
- Mars placed 2nd to Sun indicate eye problems and if Mercury placed 2nd to Sun indicates some mark on the Eye.